03 January 2010

South West of the Port of Pesto, Foccaccia and Bellin!

Arriving in Tangiers in about 3 hours.
The trip on this not-so-much-a-joyride has been for me a new experience, though it's not the first time I took a ferry boat.
I didn't mind the food.
I didn't mind the odd sleeping positions.
I didn't mind hearing the engines though I miss that beautiful sound of just water, wind and sail.
I, of course, loved having 360° of blue, blue, blue.



However, very differently from helming your own boat, crossing the mediterannean for 2 days in community has only one issue which is being around people.

I'm definitely not a hermit and am experiencing a bit of culture shock since I'm not used to bluntly be viewed as THE WOMAN.
Human contact has always been for me the plus in my travels. I like to chat people up and talk about almost anything during trips. When you don't talk the same language, it's especially entertaining to actually arrive to monkey talk, using your whole body, to make people understand. However, on this boat I've actually encountered those who didn't even want to respond.
Is it my sex? Or are they just extremely shy that they have to turn their heads away?

Indonesia is the country with the largest number of muslim population. Maybe I haven't travelled that much in my own country but I surely have never felt differentiated in this manner and my father and his family are muslims.
Thankfully, the younger Moroccan generation are moderate in their beliefs..

Another unfortunate nuisance are the children who simply won't let me sleep in peace and their parents who do not know how to keep them muffled.

In the meantime, we've met other young Italians from Bergamo also off for an adventure in Morocco.
Red of course finds his group of motorcycle buffs and start chatting away about things I have no clue of. It's great to find young people enthusiastic about travels as much as we are.

In our minds possible adventures in impossible vehicles of the future.

The time of arrival has suffered delays due to current and winds. We need to find a garage that will change the busted tire of SH50 and head for Larache, a quaint seashore village on the Atlantic to stopover for the celebration of New Years..

No comments:

Post a Comment